|Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences,
Sabancı University, Orhanli-Tuzla, 34956, Istanbul, Turkey
Google Scholar, Scopus, ResearchGate
February 2012 – December 2016
Industrial Engineering, Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey.
Dissertation: Analysis of Collusion and Competition in Electricity Markets Using an Agent-Based Approach
|M.Sc.||Industrial Engineering – Industrial Engineering
January 2009 – 2011
Industrial Engineering – Industrial Engineering, Department of Industrial and Mechanical Eng. Qazvin Islamic Azad University, Qazvin, Iran.
Thesis: “New approach for optimizing an integrate multi-item supply chain with multi-supplier and single retailer”
Ranked 2nd among M.Sc. Students.
|B.Sc.||Industrial Engineering – System Analysis
September 2003 – 2008
Industrial Engineering – System Analysis, Department of Industrial Eng. Abhar Islamic Azad University, Abhar, Iran.
Final project: “Using convolution theory in facility location problem “
Ranked 2nd among B.Sc. Students.
|Coordinator and the lead researcher||IICEC-Sabancı University TIMES Energy Model|
|Researcher||Preventing Tacit Collusion In Deregulated Electricity Markets (2017-2020) TÜBİTAK 1001 Program|
Honors and Awards
- Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing, ELSEVIER – International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 2018.
- Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing, ELSEVIER – Expert Systems and Applications, 2018.
- Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing, ELSEVIER – Applied Soft Computing Journal, 2016.
- Best Paper Award in Facility Planning and Management Track, IEOM 2012.
- Sabanci University, PHD education scholarship, full scholarship
- Ranked 2nd among M.Sc. Students.
- Third place at International Robocup competitions, Turkey, 2011.
- Second place at 6th International Iran Open Robocup competition – small size league.
- First place at 11th National Robocup Khwarizmi festival – small size league.
- Third place at International Robocup Competitions, Singapore, 2010.
- First place at 5th International Iran Open Robocup competition – small size league.
- Participating in International Robocup Competitions, Austria, 2009.
- First place at 4th International Iran Open Robocup competition – small size league.
- Ranked 2nd among B.Sc. Students.
- Third place at 5th National Khwarizmi youth festival – Programming Branch.
- 4th place at 4th National youth Khwarizmi festival – Mathematics Branch.
Energy Systems Modeling:
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Murat Kaya, Güvenç Şahin, Competition, Risk and Learning in Electricity Markets: An Agent-Based Simulation Study, Applied Energy, 2017, 195, 1000-1011. (SCI)
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Murat Kaya, Güvenç Şahin, An agent-based simulation of power generation company behavior in electricity markets under different market-clearing mechanisms, Energy Policy, 2017, 100, 191-205. (SCI)
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Murat Kaya, Güvenç Şahin, Determining collusion opportunities in deregulated electricity markets, Electric Power Systems Research, 2016, 141, 432-441. (SCI)
. Bihter Avşar, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Parallelized neural network system for solving Euclidean traveling salesman problem, Applied Soft Computing, 2015, 34, 862-873. (SCI)
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Abolfazl Kazemi, Modeling integrated multi-item supplier selection with shipping frequencies, Optimization in Industrial Engineering, 2015, 8(18), 71-78.
. Hassan Haleh, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Improvement of imperialist colony algorithm by the employment of imperialist learning Operator and implementing in travel salesman problem, Journal of Development and Evolution of Management, 2015, 22, 55-61.
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Abolfazl Kazemi, Behrooz Pourghannad, A two-level GA to solve an integrated multi-item supplier selection model, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 2013, 219(14), 7600-7615. (SCI)
Data Mining and Bioinformatics:
. Bihter Avşar, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Identification of microRNA elements from genomic data of European hazelnut (Corylus avellana L.) and its close relatives, Plant Omics, 2017, 10(4), 190-196. (SCIE)
. Bihter Avşar, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, In silico Analysis of MicroRNAs in Spinacia oleracea Genome and Transcriptome, International Journal of Bioscience, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics, 2017, 7(2), 84-92.
. Bihter Avşar, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Putative microRNA Analysis of the Kiwifruit Actinidia chinensis through Genomic Data, Life Sciences Biotechnology and Pharma Research, 2015, 4 (2), 96-99.
. Bihter Avşar, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Edris Esmaeili Aliabadi, Reza Yousefnezhad, Academic Presenter: a new storytelling presentation software for academic purposes, arXiv preprint arXiv:1607.06979, 2016 Jul 23, 1-9.
. Shalima Shawuti Can, Carmine Difiglio, Danial Esmaeili, Mehmet Ali Gülgün, Çınar Öncel, Serhat Yesilyurt, Using Natural Gas as an Environmentally Sustainable Power Source with Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, IICEC Energy and Climate Research Paper, May 2018.
Articles in Progress
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Murat Kaya, Güvenç Şahin, An Investigation on the Strategic Bidding Behavior of Power Generation Companies under Various Risk Indices, (in preparation).
Book Section / Chapter
. Bihter Avşar, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Edris Esmaeili Aliabadi, TSP Solver: An Integrated Framework for Solving Traveling Salesman Problems Consistent with TSPLIB, Fuzzy Systems and Data Mining III (series: Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications), Antonio J. Tallón-Ballesteros, Kaicheng Li (eds.), Amsterdam, Netherlands: IOS Press 2017, 70-78.
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage in the Context of Turkish Energy Market, 29th European Conference on Operational Research, Valencia, 8-11 July, 2018.
. Bihter Avşar, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Edris Esmaeili Aliabadi, TSP Solver: An Integrated Framework for Solving Traveling Salesman Problems Consistent with TSPLIB, The 3rd International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Data Mining (FSDM2017), Taiwan, 24-27 November, 2017.
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Murat Kaya, Güvenç Şahin, An Investigation on Behavior of Power Generation Companies in the Electricity Market under Different Market-Clearing Mechanisms, 28th European Conference on Operational Research, Poznań, 3-7 July, 2016.
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Güvenç Şahin, Murat Kaya, Determining Collusion Opportunities in Deregulated Electricity Markets, International Conference on Operations Research (OR2015), Vienna, 1-5 September, 2015.
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Murat Kaya, Güvenç Şahin, An Investigation on Behavior of Power Generation Companies in the Electricity Market with Different Clearing Strategies, International Conference on Energy and Management, Istanbul, 30 May, 2014.
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Behrooz Pourghannad, An improved approach to exchange non-rectangular departments in CRAFT algorithm, In Proceedings of International conference on Industrial Engineering and Operation Management, 2012, 3(6), 410–416. (Best Paper Award in Facility Planning and Management Track)
. Maziar Ahmad Sharbafi, Ali Azidehak, Mohammad Hoshyari, Omid Bakhshandeh Babarsad, Aras Adhami-Mirhosseini, Alireza Zareian, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, Amin Ganjali, Saeed Esmaeel pourfard, Sajjad Ziadloo, Hamidreza Jamaati Tafti, MRL Extended Team Description 2011, International Robocup 2011, Turkey, 5-11 July, 2011.
. Alireza Haghshenas, Maziar Ahmad Sharbafi, Danial Esmaeili, Omid Bakhshandeh, Bayer-Based Vision System: Image processing in an Incomplete Color-Space, the international conference on image processing, computer vision, and pattern recognition, 2010, 197-200
. Maziar Ahmad Sharbafi, Mohammad Hoshyari, Saeed Esmaeel pourfard, Omid Bakhshande Babersad, Mohammad Haaj seyed javadi, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, MRL Team Description 2010, International Robocup 2010, Singapore, 19-25 June, 2010.
. Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi, S.Ehsan Shojaie, A new approach for solving risk problems, International conferences of project management, Tehran, Iran, 4-5 April, 2007.
- Reza Yousefnezhad, Danial Esmaeili Aliabadi and Edris Esmaeili Aliabadi, “An Intelligent Mathematical Software named Ostad”, Iran Patent Office, Registration Number: 102589.
- International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam
- Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam
- Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam
- Neurocomputing, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam
- Neural Computing and Applications, Springer, London
- Scientia Iranica, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran
Passed Graduated Courses and Some Accomplished Projects
- Applied Statistical Analysis
- Stochastic Processes
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty in Electricity Markets
- Applying Kalman filter in Small Size robots for accurate movement and state estimation
- Decision Making Theory
- Using Reinforcement Learning theory to facilitate decision making process.
- Fuzzy Sets and Theory
- Introduction To Mathematical Analysis
- Advanced Industrial economics
- Queuing theory
- Sequencing And Scheduling
- Advance Operation Research Theory
- Advanced Linear and Nonlinear Programming
- Graph Theory and Network Flows
- Optimization for Big Data
- Large-Scale Optimization (Audit)
- Stochastic Programming (Audit)
- System Dynamics (Audit)
- Instructor at Özyeğin University – IE353 – Lean Production (Fall 2016)
- Instructor at Udemy.com – Academic Presenter (from 2016)
- Statistical Modelling, Recitation, Sabanci University – Math306 (Summer 2015)
- Project Scheduling and Management, Recitation, Sabanci University – MS409 (Spring 2014)
- Deterministic Models in OR, Recitation, Sabanci University – IE301 (Spring and Summer 2013, Fall 2014, Spring 2016)
- Data Visualization and Analysis, Recitation, Sabanci University – MS451 (Fall 2012)
- Storage & Distribution Systems, Recitation, Sabanci University – MS420 (Spring 2012)
- C# Programming, Lecturer, Gohar Arya Company (Fall 2010)
- Artificial Neural Networks, Lecturer, Mechatronics Research Laboratory (Fall 2009)
- Programming: C#, VB, C++, PHP, Matlab, Maple
- CPLEX OPL, LINGO, MINITAB, TIMES\MARKAL, VEDA FE\BE, WINQSB, MCRAFT, ARENA, Expert Choice
- Office, Photoshop, LATEX
Persian: Mother Tongue
English: Listening, Speaking, and Understanding
Mechatronics Research Laboratory (MRL), [2008-2011] .
Founder of Gohar Arya Khazar Company, [2007-Present] .