The theory is over! Now the water is deeper. Each action you make has consequences. At MIT, it all started with a computer simulation in the end of first week. Although the lectures was guiding us how to take actions, the real-life computer aided simulation beat most of us as expected. Success comes to the teams who takes seriously+plan ahead of actions, doesn’t give up and focus on the learning curve of the simulation itself.
Becoming a 2* diver comes with practice, practice and practice… The final tests are taken at deep under water where you might not even answer simple questions like “who is the president” if you are not yet ready for deep sickness. The best way to overcome this sickness is make your body adapt to the “new world” just like avoiding a jet lag. It may take some time in the beginning but never give up!
The simulation itself and second week IDEA classes about entrepreneurship including company visits here in the Boston area were fascinating and truly inspiring! Here lies the world’s most condense area for entrepreneurship after Silicon Valley (that is focused mostly on software dev.) Graduate students from the top50 universities are highly encouraged to become part of this “next step” by seeking an angel investor or ventures capital firm. This environment helps them adjust their body to seek future visions for both parties and creates a win-win environment. Awareness and Visioning are really strong words especially when there is an opportunity to focus on realizing your dreams.
Becoming a 2* diver comes with a responsibility…
You are now in charge of another individual’s life who has only 1*. H/She trusts you. You need to know your friend’s-colleagues reactions better then yourself. You are not a weakest link anymore, however it is your responsibility to lead and you know that every action of the team shall integrate with each other. Becoming an entrepreneur needs passion! You have to build a team and this will most of the time get you slower. This price is something you have to pay to get things done.
And believe me it is not the last price to pay! Your baby company will grow and there will be some time (which is sooner then the estimate) where you need to let it go. Or ask this question to yourself: do I want to be a king of a 1M company or 5% shareholder of 20M company ?
– Management is Art
– Management is about influencing people
– perception of friendship network shall be in line with the actual friendship network. (Bu da FaceBookculara gelsin:)
– propinquity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propinquity)
– in a given standart organization chart… Q: who has got the power? A:we don’t know!
– testing a product is risking your product idea.
– linear approach to problem solving does not work effectively.
– Annoying firms pushes people for invention! (finding a way to get through)
– Do we want to find the DNA of Sucessfull entrepreneurs?
– Being unambiguous is ambitious! We seek low unambiguouity for measurable metrics