Google Scholar page
Refereed Journal Articles
- Şahin G., Ahmadi Digehsara A., Borndörfer R., and Schlechte T., “Multi-period line planning with resource transfers,” Transportation Research Part C 119, 102726, 2020.
- Yüceoğlu, B. and Şahin G., “A branch-and-price algorithm for the rainbow cycle covering problem,” Networks 74, 3-15, 2019.
- Altekin F.A., Aylı E. and Şahin G., “After-sales services network design of a household appliances manufacturer,” Journal of the Operational Research Society 68(9) , 1056-1067, 2017.
- 3. Aliabadi D.E., Kaya M. and Şahin G., “Competition, risk and learning in electricity Markets: An Agent-based Simulation Study,” Applied Energy 195, 1000-1011, 2017.
- Aliabadi D.E., Kaya M. and Şahin G., “An Investigation on Behavior of Power Generation Companies in the Electricity Market under Different Market-Clearing Mechanisms,” Energy Policy 100, 191-205, 2017.
- Yüceoğlu B., Şahin G. and van Hoesel S.P.M., “A Column Generation Based Algorithm for the Robust Graph Coloring Problem,” Discrete Applied Mathematics 217 Part 2, 340-352, 2017.
- Aliabadi D.E., Kaya M. and Şahin G., “Determining Collusion Opportunities in Deregulated Electricity Markets,” Electric Power Systems Research 141, 432-441, 2016.
- Hosseini S.A., Şahin G. and Ünlüyurt T., “A Penalty-Based Scaling Algorithm for the Multi-Period Multi-Product Distribution Planning Problem,” Engineering Optimization, available online, 2016.
- Suyabatmaz A.Ç. and Şahin G., “Railway Crew Capacity Planning Problem with Connectivity of Schedules,” Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 84, 88-100, 2015.
- Hosseini S.A., Şahin G. and Ünlüyurt T., “A decomposition-based approach for the multiperiod multiproduct distribution planning problem,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, 2014, Article ID 825058, 25 pages, 2014.
- Suyabatmaz A.Ç., Altekin T. and Şahin G., “Hybrid Simulation-Optimization Approach for the Reverse Logistics Network Design of a 3PL,” Computers and Industrial Engineering 70(1), 74–89, 2014.
- Muter İ., Birbil Ş.İ., Bülbül K., Şahin G., Yenigün H., Taş D. and D. Tüzün, “Solving a robust airline crew pairing problem with column generation”, Computers and Operations Research 40(3), 815-830, 2013.
- Şahin M., Çavuşlar G., Tüzün Aksu D., Öncan T. and Şahin G., “An Efficient Heuristic for the Multi-Vehicle One-to-One Pickup and Delivery Problem with Split Loads,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 27, 169-188, 2013.
- Muter İ., Birbil Ş.İ., Bülbül K. and Şahin G., “A note on “A LP-based Heuristic for a Time-constrained Routing Problem”,” European Journal of Operational Research 221(2), 306-307, 2012.
- Şahin G. and Yüceoğlu B., “Tactical Crew Planning in Railways,” Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 47(6), 1221-1243, 2011.
- Şahin G. and Ahuja R.K., “Single-Machine Scheduling with Stepwise Tardiness Costs and Release Times,” Journal of Industrial Management and Optimization 7(4), 825-848, 2011.
- Muter İ., Birbil Ş.İ. and Şahin G., “Combination of Meta-Heuristics and Exact Algorithms for Solving Set-Covering Type Optimization Problems,” INFORMS Journal on Computing 22(4), 603-619, 2010.
- Şahin G. and Ahuja R.K., “Lower Bounding Techniques for the Degree-Constrained Network Design Problem,” Networks 53(4), 334-344, 2009.
- Liu J., Ahuja R.K. and Şahin G., “Optimal Network Configuration and Capacity Expansion of Railroads,” Journal of the Operational Research Society 59, 911-920, 2008.
- Jha K.C., Ahuja R.K. and Şahin G., “New Approaches for Solving the Block-to-Train Assignment Problem,” Networks 51(1), 48-62, 2008.
- Şahin G. and Süral H., “A Review of Hierarchical Facility Location Models,” Computers and Operations Research 34(8), 2310-2331, 2007.
- Şahin G., Süral H. and Meral S., “Locational Analysis for Regionalization of Turkish Red Crescent Blood Services,” Computers and Operations Research 34(3) – special issue on Logistics of Health Care Management, 692-704, 2007.
- Ertek G., Sevinç M., Ulus F., Köse Ö., and Şahin G., 2014, “Industrial Benchmarking through Information Visualization and Data Envelopment Analysis: A New Framework,” chapter in I.H. Osman, A.L. Anouze and A. Emrouznejad, editors, Strategic Performance Management and Measurement Using Data Envelopment Analysis: Theory and Applications, 510-526, IGI Global.
- Şahin G., 2012, “Transportation Systems,” chapter (in Turkish) in B. Çatay and G. Öztürk, editors, International Logistics, 2-21, 2012, Anadolu Üniversitesi Yayınları.
- Ahuja R.K., Cunha C.B. and Şahin G., 2005, “Network Models in Railroad Planning and Scheduling,” chapter in J.C. Smith, editor, TutORials in Operations Research, 54-101, INFORMS.
- Çelebi E., Şahin G. and Aliabadi D. E., “Reformulations of a Bilevel Model for Detection of Tacit Collusion in Deregulated Electricity Markets,” 2019 16th International Conference on the European Energy Market (EEM), Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1-6, 2019.
- Atmacasoy A., Ok A. and Şahin G., “An evaluation of Introduction to Industrial Engineering course at Sabanci University using CIPP model”, EESD 2018 – the 9th Conference on Engineering Education for Sustainable Development, EESD 2018 Proceedings, 181-188, 2018.
- Renken M., Ahmadi Digehsara A., Borndörfer R., Şahin G. and Schlechte T., “Demand-driven line planning with selfish routing,” in Operations Research Proceedings 2017, Operations Research 2017 – International Conference on Operations Research, 687-692, 2018.
- Borndörfer R., Arslan O., Elijazyfer Z., Güler H., Renken M., Şahin G. and Schlechte T., “Line planning on path networks with application to the Istanbul Metrobüs,” in Operations Research Proceedings 2016, Operations Research 2016 – International Conference on Operations Research, 235-241, 2017.
- Şahin G. and Saridaq F.D., “Workload Balancing in Transportation Crew Rostering,” in Operations Research Proceedings 2013, Operations Research 2013– International Conference on Operations Research, 383-388, 2014.
- Şahin G. and Saridaq F.D., “The Balanced Path Problem in Crew Scheduling Applications,” in MISTA 2013 Proceedings, 6th Multidisciplinary International Scheduling Conference: Theory and Applications, 729-732, 2013.
- Suyabatmaz A.Ç. and Şahin G., “A Column-and-Row Generation Algorithm for a Crew Planning Problem in Railways,” in Operations Research Proceedings 2011, Operations Research 2011– International Conference on Operations Research, 335-340, 2012.
- Öncan T., Tüzün Aksu D., Şahin G. and Şahin M., “A Branch and Cut Algorithm for the Multi-Vehicle One-to-One Pickup and Delivery Problem with Split Loads,” in IEEM 2011 Proceedings, 2011 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management 2011, 1864-1868, 2011.
- Çoban E., Muter İ, Taş D., Birbil İ.Ş., Bülbül K., Şahin G., Yenigün H., Topçu Y.İ., and Tüzün D., “Column Generation Approaches to a Robust Airline Crew Pairing Model For Managing Extra Flights,” in Operations Research Proceedings 2008, Operations Research 2008– International Conference on Operations Research, 439-444, 2009.