Required Documents for  the FIRST TIME Student Residence Permit Application

  1. Online Application Form (Apply online at:
  2. Residence Permit Online Application Form (It should be printed and signed)
  3. Passport Copy (ID Information & Photo Page, Last Entry Stamp Page, Visa Page)
  4. If you have, Visa Copy
  5. If you have, Old Residence Permit Card Copy
  6. 4 Biometric Photos / 4 Fotoğraf
  7. Student Certificate
  8. Residence Permit Payment Receipt (89TL)
  9. Address Declaration and Notification Forms
  10. Declaration Notification Acceptance Letter
  11. Health Insurance Policy ( Read the information below)

IF YOU ARE UNDERGRADUATE OR GRADUATE STUDENT , please fill out the Health Insurance Declaration Form)


Every student has to submit a valid health insurance to be able to get the residence permit. A comprehensive health insurance must cover the below-given points and these points must be clearly articulated in the health insurance plan/agreement:

  • Outpatient treatment up to 2000 Turkish Lira (TL)
  • Cover the cost for medication up to 2000TL
  • Cover the cost of medical items up to 1000TL
  • Inpatient treatment without any limits.

The insurance document must include the below statement: (please make sure your health insurance company adds this note to your health insurance document):

“ İşbu police 10.05.2016 tarihli ve 16/2016 sayılı vize ve ikamet izni taleplerinde yaptırılacak özel sağlık sigortalarına ilişkin genelgede belirlenen asgari teminat yapısını kapsamaktadır”

(The sentence above is stating that the insurance fulfills the coverage required for the student residence permit.)

The IRO (International Relations Office) can suggest you companies or you can find a well-known company to get a health insurance, such as AON, Allianz, Aksigorta etc…  Just make sure that it is an appropriate health insurance for the residence permit as requested.

In case you have a health insurance in your county, the company that provides the insurance must have a branch office in Istanbul where you can get your health insurance certificate approved.


  • If you are under 18 years old and did not enter the country with a student visa, you should submit a document (letter of parental consent) written by your parents allowing you to study in SABANCI UNIVERSITY and live in Turkey.
  • If you are under 18 years old, you should submit your Birth Certificate. It should have an Apostille and must be officially translated into Turkish