Postdoctoral researcher positions at Sabancı University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center (SUNUM)
Two postdoctoral researcher positions are available to work in a recently funded project on the development of biosimilar monoclonal antibodies targeting cancer. The researchers will be working in close collaboration with a pharmaceutical company and will be located at the Sabancı University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center. Positions are for an initial contract period of 2 years, with a possibility to extend for another 2 years. Responsibilities of the researchers will include:
- Developing and running standard operating protocols for biochemical and functional characterization of biosimilar monoclonal antibodies.
- Technical training and hands-on supervision of Ph.D. students involved in the project.
- Writing update reports and managing laboratory logistics (e.g. ordering consumables, planning experiments and following-up maintenance of instruments) related to the project.
- Writing new grant applications in fields related to monoclonal antibodies and other biopharmaceuticals with an aim to initiate independent projects.
Eligibility criteria for applicants:
- Candidates must have defended their thesis no later than January 31st, 2016. If the Ph.D. thesis is to be defended after the last application date (January 4th, 2016), enclose a formal document stating the planned date of dissertation.
- For position 1 (REF: TSPD-1), candidates MUST have hands-on laboratory experience with multi-color flow cytometry and mammalian cell culture Experience with molecular biology techniques, in vitro immunological techniques and protein chemistry/characterization is a plus.
- For position 2 (REF: TSPD-2), candidates MUST have hands-on laboratory experience with mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography and protein chemistry/characterization. Experience with molecular biology techniques, surface plasmon resonance and mammalian cell culture techniques is a plus.
The selection of the candidates will be based on the scientific excellence and overall competence of the applicant, as well as the submitted letter of motivation. Selected candidates will be invited for an oral interview in English if residing in Istanbul, or will be interviewed via video conferencing. Successful candidates will receive competitive salaries and are expected to take up their positions within the first quarter of 2016.
The application should be a single complete PDF file that includes the following documents:
- A full CV including: education details, dissertation date and title of doctoral thesis, name of Ph.D. (and if applicable post-doc) supervisor, previous academic positions, academic title, present position and academic awards.
- Summary of doctoral thesis with appropriate references to published research outputs (max. 3 pages including references and figures, 12 p font size, 1.5 line space). For each mentioned publication, please also include your exact input with regards to designing and carrying out experiments, optimizing techniques and writing manuscripts.
- A complete list of publications in peer-reviewed journals and abstracts presented in international meetings.
- A synopsis of current work if different from doctoral thesis (max. 1 page including references and figures, 12 p font size, 1.5 line space).
- Names and contact details of 3 references.
- A letter of motivation.
Applications should be sent by e-mail as a single complete PDF file containing all of the documents listed above to email@example.com with the appropriate advert reference in the subject field. For any inquiries, you can also contact Dr. Tolga Sutlu using the e-mail address mentioned above.
Last date for applications: January 4th 2016 at 09:00 am.