Name : Erhan Budak
Position : Faculty Member (Professor)
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Orhanli, Tuzla, Istanbul
Tel: 216-483 9519
Fax: 216-483 9550
MRL Lab: http://labs.sabanciuniv.edu/mrl/
- Machining processes and machine tools
- Chatter vibrations and stability
- Process modeling and simulation
- Grinding and super abrasive machining processes
- High performance machining of super alloys
- Digital twin for machining systems
- Sensor assited machining
Selected Recent Publications
- Altintas, Y., Stepan, G., Budak, E., Schmitz, T. and Kilic, Z. M., “Chatter Stability of Machining Operations”, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Trans. ASME, Vol. 142, paper no: 110801-1, November 2020.
- Jamshidi, H. and Budak, E. “An Analytical Grinding Force Model Based on Individual Grit Interaction”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 283, 116700, 2020.
- Rahimzadeh Berenji K., Karaguzel, U., Ozlu, E. and Budak, E. “Effects of Turn-milling Conditions on Chip Formation and Surface Finish”, CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 68/1, pp. 113-116, 2019.
- Tehranizadeh, F., Koca, R. and Budak, E, “Investigating Effects of Serration Geometry on Milling Forces and Chatter Stability for Their Optimal Selection”, Int. Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 144, 2019.
- Mohammadi, Y., Azvar, M. and Budak, E., “Suppressing Vibration Modes of Spindle-Holder-Tool Assembly through FRF Modification for Enhanced Chatter Stability”, CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 67/1, pp. 397-400, 2018.
Updated in July 2021.