Adam John Simpson

Sabancı University

A summary of my recent blog posts

Posted on April 5th, 2012 by Adam

I’ve mostly been blogging about my conference experiences on my Year in the Life of an English Teacher blog in the last month or so.

TESOL Arabia

In a Tale of Two Conferences (Part 1) I discuss the TESOL Arabia event in Dubai at the start of March. During this conference I delivered a presentation based on classroom research I had conducted in the first semester of the 2011-12 academic year.

You can download details of my presentation here: (Have you ever wondered why your group activities fail to inspire students).

IATEFL Glasgow

Later in the month I attended the International IATEFL conference in Glasgow, Scotland. I wrote about my experiences in a Tale of Two Conferences (Part 2).

The Power of the Poster

My most recent blog post has finally given me the chance to talk about teaching again. In ‘The Power of the Poster‘ I describe how I use posters to motivate learners whilst looking at how these can be used in a meaningful way to recycle content.

Book Review: English for Psychology

I have recently joined the reviews panel for TEFL.net and my first book review has been posted to the website. You can read my review here.