Adam John Simpson

Sabancı University

A summary of my recent blog posts

Posted on August 14th, 2012 by Adam

I?ve mostly been blogging about the main experiences of the last year on my Year in the Life of an English Teacher blog in the last couple of months. Here are a few selected highlights.

The IATEFL SIG Conference at Yeditepe University

I was lucky enough to be on the organizing committee for this excellent IATEFL Special Interest Group event back in May. It made a really nice change to not be presenting a conference after a busy year in which I made eight presentations at conferences in Turkey and abroad. I did a lot of blogging for the official website, so I mainly used my blog posts (one post for day one, another for day two) as a collection of photos of the event.

A day in the life of an ELT conference presenter (version 2.0)

As I mentioned above, this was a hectic year of conference going for me. A couple of events were flying visits to Ankara: a bus from Istanbul in the morning, a return bus in the evening. I decided to record my journey on the second of these flying visits, which was for the METU ELT convention at the end of May.

A Year in the Life of an English Teacher: A photo essay of my academic year

I attended so many events, met so many great people and had such great classes this year that the only way I could really summarize it all was by choosing photo highlights. I did this in three separate posts; here are the links to part one, part two and part three.

Why are some teachers always late?

I sometimes like to examine issues in the workplace that are not directly connected to teaching. This post examined the psychology of people who are habitually late.

The five most important trends in ELT

I love my job and am passionate about my profession in general. In two posts (the original suggestions and a follow-up based on the ideas of others) I examined where language teaching is heading and the important trends that are influencing its direction.

Book Review: Cambridge Academic English – Upper Intermediate

I have recently joined the reviews panel for TEFL.net and my second book review has just been posted to the website. You can read my review here.