- Chemistry and engineering of 0D–, 1D–, 2D– and 3D–nanomaterials, particularly carbon-based nanomaterials including C60, CNT, graphene, C3N4, carbon dots and MoS2, black phosphorous, and MAX/MXene
- Liquid-phase exfoliation
- Surface modification via covalent and non-covalent strategies
- Purification and spectroscopic/microscopic characterization
- Preparation of thin films, hydrogels, organogels and aerogels.
- Applications for composites, energy harvesting and chemical sensors.
- Fluidic chemistry to continuous manufacturing of (hybrid) nanomaterials
- Design and development of microwave promoted high throughput continuous reactors
- Manufacturing value-added colloidal nanomaterials (g. Fe2O3, TiO2, graphene etc.)
- Preparation plasmonic nanoparticles (g. Au, Ag) and their hybrids
- Surface modification and thin film preparation of manufactured materials
- Photocatalytic applications such as dye degradation, water splitting, H2 production, OER, CO2
- Supramolecular self-assembly of high aspect ratio nanoparticles
- Microwave-assisted synthesis