- Random Real Algebraic Geometry Workshop, 21-27 Jan 2019, Nesin Mathematics Village, Izmir, TURKEY.
- Frontiers in Several Complex Variables and Functional Analysis (on the occasion of 70th birthday of Professor Aydın Aytuna), 11-12 May 2019, METU Ankara, TURKEY.
Postdoc, PhD and MSc Positions
Postdoctoral, PhD and MSc positions are opening at Sabancı University (SU), Mathematics Program under a TUBİTAK 3501 project “Stochastic Kahler Geometry and Random Holomorphic Sections”. Young fellows who are interested in complex geometry (Kahlerian or non-Kahlerian) and/or problems related to probabilistic aspects of (complex) algebraic geometry, and/or has familiarity with holomorphic vector bundles and Hermitian metrics on them, are invited to apply.
During MSc and PhD positions, in addition to a yearly stipend SU will provide full tuition waiver, health insurance, housing and reduction on assistantship duties. For postdoctoral position, in addition to monthly salary (4500TL) SU provides SGK+health insurance+personal transportation+lunch for week days+taxes are paid+internet connection+laptop+housing (depending on availability 1 bedroom apartment or a postdoc room in dorms). There is no teaching load for postdocs.
In order to apply, candidates should send an e-mail to Turgay Bayraktar at (email@example.com) together with
- A CV including list of publications and unofficial undergrad/grad transcripts
- Statement of motivation (of at most two pages)
- Names of two References (reference letters are not required by the time of application but the providers will be contacted if necessary).
no later than February 15, 2019.