PhD Students (Current):
- Cagatay Yilmaz ( Sep 2013-present): ” The experimental investigation of Fatigue Modeling of Composites“; PhD in Materials Science and Nanoengineering Program, Sabanci University.
- Leila Haghighi Poudeh (Feb 2014-present): “Multi-walled nanofiber reinforced self-healing, smart composite material production via triaxial electrospinning technique“; PhD in Materials Science and Engineering Program, Sabanci University.
- Amin Rahmat (Feb 2012-present): “A Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Model for the deformation and the motion of a bubble in a Newtonian and Non-Newtonian viscous liquid under the combined effects of gravity and externally applied electric field“; PhD in Mechatronics Engineering Program FENS, Sabanci University
- Gokhan Bektas (Feb 2009-present): “Development of Fiber Bragg Grating Interrogation Systems for Structural Health Monitoring of Composites Structures”, PhD in Electronics Engineering Program, Sabanci University.
- Erdem Akay (Dec 2010-present, co-supervised with Prof. Halit Turkmen): “Modeling and Monitoring Fatigue Behavior of Composites Materials for Aircraft Structures”; PhD in Department of Aeronautical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University.
PhD Students (Alumni):
- Nima Tofighi (2011-March, 2016): “Development of an Incompressible Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Method for Electrohydrodynamics of Immiscible Fluids and Rigid Particles“; Received the Best Thesis Award in the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Mechatronics Engineering Program, Sabanci University; Current Position: Postdoctoral Researcher, The University of Victoria, Mechanical Engineering Department, under the supervision of Prof. A.Suleman, and Prof. M. Yildiz. [PDF]
- Mostafa Safdari Shadloo (2009-Jan, 2013): “Improved Multiphase Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics“; Received PhD degree in the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Mechatronics Engineering Program, Sabanci University; Current Position: Associate Professor, CORIA Lab. / CNRS, University and INSA of Rouen. [PDF]
- Casey Keulen (2008-May, 2012): “Process and Structural Health Monitoring of Composite Structures with Embedded Fiber Optic Sensors and Piezoelectric Transducers”; Received PhD degree in the Mechanical Engineering Department,University of Victoria, BC, Canada; Current Position: Research Engineer, Composite Research Network ( CRN), The University of British Colombia, Vancou. [PDF]
- Jamal Seyyed Monfared Zanjani (2012-March, 2016): “”; Received the Best Thesis Award in the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Materials Science and Nanoengineering Program, Sabanci University; Current Position: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Integrated Manufacturing Technologies Research and Application Center-Composite Technologies Center of Excellence, Sabanci University. [PDF]