Javed H. Niazi (KOLKAR)
Sabanci University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center (SUNUM)
Orta Mh., 34956 Tuzla, Istanbul, Turkey
View Larger Map
Tel: +90 216-483-9879
Fax: +90 216-483-9885
Design and development of novel assays for biosensor applications-mainly for early warning and diagnosis of cardiovascular and cancer diseases
In-vitro selection and modification of synthetic ssDNA/RNA aptamers as affinity ligands for disease biomarkers and drugs
Aptamer-fascilitated biomarker discovery
ssDNA/RNA aptamer directed nano-material/vesicle mediated targeted drug-delivery and/or imaging
Nanotoxicology & Green nanotechnology
Go to –My research
Ph.D. Biochemistry (2003) Gulbarga University, India.
M.Sc. Biochemistry (1996) Gulbarga University, India.
B.Sc. Chemistry (1994) Gulbarga University, India
- Research Faculty (July 2011 – till now) Sabanci University Nanotechnology Research & Application Center (SUNUM), Istanbul
- Visiting Faculty (March 2009-June 2011) Faculty of Engineering & Natural Sciences, Sabanci University, Istanbul
- Research Professor (10th Sep 2008 – March 2009) Biosensors & Biomolecular Technology, Dept. of Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Rep. of Korea
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (Sep 2007 to 9th Sep 2008) at Biosensors & Biomolecular Technology, Dept. of Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Rep. of Korea
- Visiting Scientist (April 2005 to Sep. 2007) Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), Cheongryangny, Seoul 130-650, Rep. of Korea.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (March 2004 to April 2005) at National Laboratory on Environmental Biotechnology, Department of Environmental Science & Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science & Technology (GIST), 1 Oryong-dong, Buk gu, Gwangju 500 712, Rep. of Korea.
- DBT-Postdoctoral Fellow (Feb. 2003 to Feb. 2004) at Nuclear Agriculture & Biotechnology Division (NA&BTD) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Trombay, Mumbai-85. A national level PDF program sponsored by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, Ministry of Science and Technology (DBT-PDF program).
For scientific communications, I use “Javed H. Niazi“, otherwise known as Javed Kolkar
49. Niazi S, Purohit M, Niazi JH (2018) Role of p53 circuitry in tumorigenesis: a brief review. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry (Just Accepted)
48. Niazi S*, Purohit M, Sonawani A, Niazi JH* (2018) Revealing the molecular interactions of aptamers that specifically bind to the extracellular domain of HER2 cancer biomarker protein: An in silico assessment. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling. doi: 10.1016/ j.jmgm.2018.06.003 (Just accepted!)
47. Saz M, Siddiq M, Niazi JH, Qureshi A (2018) Role of quaternary ammonium compound immobilized metallic graphene oxide in PMMA/PEG membrane for antibacterial, antifouling and selective gas permeability properties. Polymer Bulletin 1-18.
46. Chouhan RS, Niazi JH, Qureshi A (2018) Development of immunoblot assay for carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) in human serum using portable UV illuminator. Analytical Methods 10, 947-949.
45. Alpugana S, Topkaya D, Atilla D, Ahsen V, Niazi JH*, Dumoulin F* (2018) Zn phthalocyanine conjugation to H2-ul aptamer for HER2-targeted breast cancer photodynamic therapy: design, optimization and properties. Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines 21, 887.
44. Birinci Y, Niazi JH, Basaga H (2017) Enhancing Antioxidant Cellular Defense by Using Quercetin Loaded TiO2 Nanoparticles in Swiss 3T3 Albino Mouse Fibroblast Cells. Journal of Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology. S8, DOI: 10.4172/2157-7439.S8-001.
43. Shaikh T, Pandey A, Sirajuddin, Talpur FN, Kaushik A, Niazi JH* (2017) Gold nanoparticles based sensor for in vitro analysis of drug-drug interactions using imipramine and isoniazid drugs: a proof of concept approach. Sensors and Actuators B. Chemical 252, 1055-1062.
42. Pandey A, Gurbuz Y, Ozguz V, Niazi JH* and Qureshi A* (2017) Graphene-interfaced electrical biosensor for label-free and sensitive detection of foodborne pathogenic E. coli O157:H7. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 91, 225-231.
41. Bharadwaj S, Mitchell RJ, Qureshi A, Niazi JH* (2017) Toxicity evaluation of e-juice and its soluble aerosols generated by electronic cigarettes using recombinant bioluminescent bacteria responsive to specific cellular damages. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 90, 53-60.