Javed H. Niazi (KOLKAR)
Sabanci University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center (SUNUM)
Orta Mh., 34956 Tuzla, Istanbul, Turkey
View Larger Map
Tel: +90 216-483-9879
Fax: +90 216-483-9885
Design and development of novel assays for biosensor applications-mainly for early warning and diagnosis of cardiovascular and cancer diseases
In-vitro selection and modification of synthetic ssDNA/RNA aptamers as affinity ligands for disease biomarkers and drugs
Aptamer-fascilitated biomarker discovery
ssDNA/RNA aptamer directed nano-material/vesicle mediated targeted drug-delivery and/or imaging
Nanotoxicology & Green nanotechnology
Go to –My research
Ph.D. Biochemistry (2003) Gulbarga University, India.
M.Sc. Biochemistry (1996) Gulbarga University, India.
B.Sc. Chemistry (1994) Gulbarga University, India
- Research Faculty (July 2011 – till now) Sabanci University Nanotechnology Research & Application Center (SUNUM), Istanbul
- Visiting Faculty (March 2009-June 2011) Faculty of Engineering & Natural Sciences, Sabanci University, Istanbul
- Research Professor (10th Sep 2008 – March 2009) Biosensors & Biomolecular Technology, Dept. of Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Rep. of Korea
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (Sep 2007 to 9th Sep 2008) at Biosensors & Biomolecular Technology, Dept. of Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Rep. of Korea
- Visiting Scientist (April 2005 to Sep. 2007) Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), Cheongryangny, Seoul 130-650, Rep. of Korea.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (March 2004 to April 2005) at National Laboratory on Environmental Biotechnology, Department of Environmental Science & Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science & Technology (GIST), 1 Oryong-dong, Buk gu, Gwangju 500 712, Rep. of Korea.
- DBT-Postdoctoral Fellow (Feb. 2003 to Feb. 2004) at Nuclear Agriculture & Biotechnology Division (NA&BTD) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Trombay, Mumbai-85. A national level PDF program sponsored by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, Ministry of Science and Technology (DBT-PDF program).
For scientific communications, I use “Javed H. Niazi“, otherwise known as Javed Kolkar
Recent Publications (2015-2018) >>For complete list click here
SCI Journal Articles (*-Corresponding author) [PUBMED]
48. Niazi S*, Purohit M, Sonawani A, Niazi JH* (2018) Revealing the molecular interactions of aptamers that specifically bind to the extracellular domain of HER2 cancer biomarker protein: An in silico assessment. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling. doi: 10.1016/ j.jmgm.2018.06.003 (Just accepted!)
47. Saz M, Siddiq M, Niazi JH, Qureshi A (2018) Role of quaternary ammonium compound immobilized metallic graphene oxide in PMMA/PEG membrane for antibacterial, antifouling and selective gas permeability properties. Polymer Bulletin 1-18.
46. Chouhan RS, Niazi JH, Qureshi A (2018) Development of immunoblot assay for carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) in human serum using portable UV illuminator. Analytical Methods 10, 947-949.
45. Alpugana S, Topkaya D, Atilla D, Ahsen V, Niazi JH*, Dumoulin F* (2018) Zn phthalocyanine conjugation to H2-ul aptamer for HER2-targeted breast cancer photodynamic therapy: design, optimization and properties. Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines 21, 887.
44. Birinci Y, Niazi JH, Basaga H (2017) Enhancing Antioxidant Cellular Defense by Using Quercetin Loaded TiO2 Nanoparticles in Swiss 3T3 Albino Mouse Fibroblast Cells. Journal of Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology. S8, DOI: 10.4172/2157-7439.S8-001.
43. Shaikh T, Pandey A, Sirajuddin, Talpur FN, Kaushik A, Niazi JH* (2017) Gold nanoparticles based sensor for in vitro analysis of drug-drug interactions using imipramine and isoniazid drugs: a proof of concept approach. Sensors and Actuators B. Chemical 252, 1055-1062.
42. Pandey A, Gurbuz Y, Ozguz V, Niazi JH* and Qureshi A* (2017) Graphene-interfaced electrical biosensor for label-free and sensitive detection of foodborne pathogenic E. coli O157:H7. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 91, 225-231.
41. Bharadwaj S, Mitchell RJ, Qureshi A, Niazi JH* (2017) Toxicity evaluation of e-juice and its soluble aerosols generated by electronic cigarettes using recombinant bioluminescent bacteria responsive to specific cellular damages. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 90, 53-60.
40. Chouhan RS, Panday A, Qureshi A*, Ozguz V, Niazi JH* (2016) Nanomaterial resistant microorganism mediated reduction of graphene oxide. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 146, 39-46.
39. Chouhan RS, Qureshi A, Yagci B, Gülgün MA, V Ozguz, Niazi JH* (2016) Biotransformation of multi-walled carbon nanotubes mediated by nanomaterial resistant soil bacteria. Chemical Engineering Journal, 298, 1-9.
38. Niazi JH*, Pandey A, Gurbuz Y, Ozguz V, Qureshi A (2016) Cells-on-chip based transducer platform for probing toxicity of metal nanoparticles. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 231, 659–665.
37. Qureshi A*, Gurbuz Y and Niazi JH* (2015) Label-free capacitance based aptasensor platform for the detection of HER2/ErbB2 cancer biomarker in serum. Sensors and Actuators B. Chemical 220, 1145-1151.
36. Pandey A, Chouhan RS, Gurbuz Y, Niazi JH* and Qureshi A* (2015) S. cerevisiae whole-cell based capacitive biochip for the detection of toxicity of different forms of carbon nanotubes. Sensors and Actuators B. Chemical, 218, 253-260.
35. Chouhan RS, Qureshi A and Niazi JH* (2015) Determining the fate of fluorescent quantum dots on surface of engineered budding S. cerevisiae cell molecular landscape. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 69, 26-33.
34. Qureshi A*, Gurbuz Y and Niazi JH* (2015) Capacitive aptamer-antibody based sandwich assay for the detection of VEGF cancer biomarker in serum. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 209, 645-651.
33. Niazi JH*, Verma SK, Niazi S and Qureshi A (2015) In vitro HER2 protein-induced affinity dissociation of carbon nanotube-wrapped anti-HER2 aptamers for HER2 protein detection. Analyst, 140, 243-240.
32. Qureshi A,* Pandey A, Chouhan RS, Gurbuz Y, and Niazi JH* (2015) Whole-cell based label-free capacitive biosensor for rapid nanosize-dependent toxicity detection. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 67, 100-106.