New article in PLOS ONE!

An article of mine, “A relationship between weak attentional control and cognitive distortions, explained by negative affect”, has been accepted for publication in PLOS ONE.┬á This article is about ‘cognitive distortions’, which are particular thinking habits we see in people high in anxiety and depression.┬á We show that these distortions seem to be related to weak attentional control, but only because weak attentional control is also related to anxiety and depression.

This is a nice one for me, for two reasons.┬á Firstly, it’s actually the first data I’ve published which were collected here at Sabanc─▒.┬á Secondly and more importantly, Study 1 from the paper was run as a PROJ201 project with eight students from all faculties.┬á I gave them the study and they worked hard collecting the data, and make good presentations about their work at the end of semester.┬á Since they ran the study as part of a course, and therefore contributed intellectually to the project and to my writeup,┬á I am delighted to make them authors on the paper.┬á Well done, folks!

Booth, R.W., Sharma, D., Dawood, F., Do─čan, M., Emam, H.E.M., G├Ânen├ž, S.S., Kula, A., Maz─▒c─▒, B., Sara├žyakupo─člu, A., & Shahzad, A.-U.-R. (2019).┬á A relationship between weak attentional control and cognitive distortions, explained by negative affect. PLOS ONE, 14(4): e0215399.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0215399

Booth et al. 19 PLOS ONE